A hair mask to repair and revitalize dry, coarse, damaged hair
Repair and strengthen hair with this rich treatment mask. Tamanu, flaxseed, and monoi oils lend a feeling of deep-down restoration and repair to dry, coarse, and damaged hair, while shea, coconut, and avocado butters provide a look of healthy moisture and shine to parched locks.
Hair is left looking healthy, and feels strong and manageable.
Subtle Scents: Sage, Vanilla
Who’s It For?
Product Type: Conditioning Treatment
Generally best suited for more thick, dense, thirsty, porous, damaged, hair types with stronger curly & coily patterns as a weekly or bi-weekly treatment.
More fine, thin, light and oily hair types with straighter, more wavy or swavy curl pattern can benefit from intermittent use when hair needs an added boost of hydration.
How to Use It
Apply a nickel-sized amount of the organic hair masque to freshly washed hair. Adding water, massage onto scalp and work through to ends. Spend 5-10 minutes working and massaging it in before rinsing thoroughly.
Can also be left in the hair overnight, in braids or a pineapple
What’s In It?
Water, Aqua- EAU, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil)*, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Vanillin, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Sodium Benzoate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Oil*, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Camellia Japonica (Camellia) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract*, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Citric Acid, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Benzyl Alcohol, Vacciniumm Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Linalool†, Limonene†
†A natural component of essential oils
In September of 2018, the Curly Connections community was 200 members strong, I did my very first intrview with Greg and Joanne, the founders of Innersense Organic Beauty.
In that interview we talked about what it means to be a company that does business for good.
What it takes to not just make an amazing product but to be sure that you aren’t unintentionally supporting injustices like child labor, slavery, non-living wages, plastic pollution, cross contamination and quality sacrifice. We talked about how it is just as difficult for a company to do better as it is for the consumer to live zero waste, reduce their energy consumption, and find safe products for their home. You have to look at every single product you buy and dollar you spend and who you are spending it with.
In both cases, you have to really want to do better and as many of you can attest to, it can be a LOT of work.
All these years later, Innersense is still doing it. They aren’t doing some things to give back and do better, they are doing all the things.
Since this time Innersense has:
- Transitioned to 80% post consumer recycled bottles for the plastic containing their products. All of the shipping packaging used is recyclable paper and corrugated “Gemini” wrap, including the tape. They’ve also started favoring ground shipping over air for domestic parcels to reduce their carbon footprint even farther.
- Committed to paying 100% of their employees are paid a living wage of at least 75% above the California Minimum Wage, plus all part-time and full-time employees receive monetary bonuses at the end of the year.
- They are working with Plastic Bank to reclaim over 5 years worth of plastic that they’ve made and have pledged to collect 150% of their annual plastic output going foreward.
- They joined Counter Coalition, a collective of like-minded businesses in the personal-care and beauty industries that are eager to see, and help to campaign for, more health-protective laws passed in Washington, DC.
- They’ve donated at least 1% of their annual gross sales to environmental nonprofits such as the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners, Women’s Voices for the Earth, California Coastkeeper Alliance, and others. as part of their commitment to 1% for the Planet.
- They gave over $500,000 to stylists int heir network to support their businesses through the current Corona Virus Pandemic.
- They have earned respected partnerships with Leaping Bunny, Think Dirty, MADE SAFE, Truth in Labeling Campaign and the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program, Lipstick Angels, Williams Syndrome Association, and now, B Corp U.S. & Canada.
They’ve done all this while exploding their business, building a network of hundreds of hair stylists, and launching 5 new products!
I don’t just love Innersense because their products give me great results. I don’t just love them because they use safe ingredients. I love them because they are creating the best company in the world.