A liquid to ultra lightweight foam styler that you can count on for weightless, voluminous wave and loose curls.
Innersense I Create Lift is a beautiful, versatile, lightweight foam perfect for creating a balanced combination of volume and hold for lighter, finer hair types.
Reach for it when you are looking to lift your curls without succumbing to unwelcome frizz. Sugarcane adds a feeling of thickness, honey lends a quality of moisturization, and aloe vera makes hair look supple and shiny.
Subtle Scents: Orange Blossom
Who’s It For?
Product Type: Filler/Sealer
I Create Lift works great with most wavy and some curly hair types.
It’s lightweight, light hold and can be used in an abundance of stages of the routine including on soaking wet hair, as a damp styler and on the refresh, along with various application strategies including as a filler with scrunching and pulsing or as a sealer with gliding and prayer hands.
More thick, dense, thirsty, porous, damaged, hair types with stronger curly & coily patterns tend to not look to this product quite as often, if at all.
Learn more about our curly hair terminology HERE.
How to Use It
Reach for this versatile product literally any time during your routine from to lock in hydration, encourage curl, create a smooth finish and even on the refresh.
As a filler, experiment with strategies such as raking, bear clawing, gliding and scrunching to work through and form smooth curl clumps.
As a sealer, apply with gliding or prayer hands to smooth the cuticle down and leave a smooth surface. Finish with light scrunching, if necessary.
Learn more about our curly hair terminology HERE.
What’s In It?
Water, Aqua- EAU, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Cyamop-sistetragonolobus (guar) gum* sorbitol, sclerotium gum, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Organic Rooibos African Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract* Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract*, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract*, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract*, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract*, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Honey Extract*, Linalool†
†A natural component of essential oils
In September of 2018, the Curly Connections community was 200 members strong, I did my very first intrview with Greg and Joanne, the founders of Innersense Organic Beauty.
In that interview we talked about what it means to be a company that does business for good.
What it takes to not just make an amazing product but to be sure that you aren’t unintentionally supporting injustices like child labor, slavery, non-living wages, plastic pollution, cross contamination and quality sacrifice. We talked about how it is just as difficult for a company to do better as it is for the consumer to live zero waste, reduce their energy consumption, and find safe products for their home. You have to look at every single product you buy and dollar you spend and who you are spending it with.
In both cases, you have to really want to do better and as many of you can attest to, it can be a LOT of work.
All these years later, Innersense is still doing it. They aren’t doing some things to give back and do better, they are doing all the things.
Since this time Innersense has:
- Transitioned to 80% post consumer recycled bottles for the plastic containing their products. All of the shipping packaging used is recyclable paper and corrugated “Gemini” wrap, including the tape. They’ve also started favoring ground shipping over air for domestic parcels to reduce their carbon footprint even farther.
- Committed to paying 100% of their employees are paid a living wage of at least 75% above the California Minimum Wage, plus all part-time and full-time employees receive monetary bonuses at the end of the year.
- They are working with Plastic Bank to reclaim over 5 years worth of plastic that they’ve made and have pledged to collect 150% of their annual plastic output going foreward.
- They joined Counter Coalition, a collective of like-minded businesses in the personal-care and beauty industries that are eager to see, and help to campaign for, more health-protective laws passed in Washington, DC.
- They’ve donated at least 1% of their annual gross sales to environmental nonprofits such as the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners, Women’s Voices for the Earth, California Coastkeeper Alliance, and others. as part of their commitment to 1% for the Planet.
- They gave over $500,000 to stylists int heir network to support their businesses through the current Corona Virus Pandemic.
- They have earned respected partnerships with Leaping Bunny, Think Dirty, MADE SAFE, Truth in Labeling Campaign and the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program, Lipstick Angels, Williams Syndrome Association, and now, B Corp U.S. & Canada.
They’ve done all this while exploding their business, building a network of hundreds of hair stylists, and launching 5 new products!
I don’t just love Innersense because their products give me great results. I don’t just love them because they use safe ingredients. I love them because they are creating the best company in the world.