Be the first to know
when a new blog post is released!
- 5 Tips for Transitioning to Innersense:5 Tips for Transitioning to Innersense: This weekend was the launch of the Trust Your Innersense Challenge and on Saturday I hopped on live and filmed a launch video full of tips for those of you who are using Innersense products for the first time. Let me give you a quick recap: The very first thing that you need to know about Innersense products is that they are highly concentrated. Where most other products contain ~70% water, Innersense products are only about 40% water, and therefore you mustContinue reading “5 Tips for Transitioning to Innersense:”
- Seven Thousand Things To Hate About FragranceFragrance is one of the trickiest and sneakiest ingredients out there. It’s listed on the label as a single ingredient. It’s actually a cocktail of about two dozen highly volatile esters and other synthetic, petroleum-based ingredients. Because the scent of a product is considered “proprietary information” and protected as a trade secret, companies are NOT required to tell you ANY of the ingredients are in their scent blends. What’s even WORSE is that they can PARTIALLY disclose. Meaning that they can tell you SOME, but not ALLContinue reading “Seven Thousand Things To Hate About Fragrance”
- Mega Definition Styling RoutineI went in looking for a home run of curly definition and that’s exactly what I got! The strategy you see here is what I would do if I’m going for MEGA definition and curls that I want to last several days. Let me explain a little about my routine and what I did before I started recording, then I’ll drop the edited video of it in the space below this post. I started this video after co-washing twice (once with Innersense Color Radiance and theContinue reading “Mega Definition Styling Routine”
- It’s Officially Time To DetoxTHIS is what perfectly healthy hair can look like after just one encounter with a that builds-up. Now…Imagine that build-up happening each and every day, slowly and unnoticeably, over dozens of years. Can you start to imagine why it can be difficult to see results and figure out what your hair likes, what is working and what is not, until you get build-up out of the way? *What is Detox?* When it comes to creating Conscious Curls, detox is everything. All of us are exposed toContinue reading “It’s Officially Time To Detox”
- Black is BeautifulIt would be ignorant for me to ignore the history of African curls and how their story shapes every single thing that we do here at Consciously Curly. It goes a little something like this: As slaves were brought over to help colonize America in the 1700s, the non-European texture of their native hair was instantly called out and referred to as “wool.” Hair played an enormous role in the way enslaved workers were treated; if the texture and kink of one’s hair more closely resembled EuropeanContinue reading “Black is Beautiful”
- A Quick Word On Cleansers & Scalp HealthThese are the facts: YOUR HAIR IS DEAD. There is not a product, dye, chemical treatment or flat iron out there that can kill your hair. There are also no products that can feed, nourish, or heal your hair. It’s already dead. All of this time we thought we were in the business of using products to keep out hair alive and healthy, but we’re not. It’s not. How can anything that is dead be healthy? I would like to formally lead the charge on theContinue reading “A Quick Word On Cleansers & Scalp Health”
- Conventional Hair Care Is Killing Your HairEmbracing your natural curls is different. Part of what makes the Consciously Curly Method of styling curly hair so unique is that it is organic in every way. The method is all about seeing what your hair can do in its most natural and healthy state. My biggest revelation with my hair is when I realized that wearing curls requires a completely different mindset. A completely different styling strategy then what is taught conventionally. Everything that we know is designed for the straight hair world. OnceContinue reading “Conventional Hair Care Is Killing Your Hair”
- Do I Really Have To Stop Washing My Hair?I will never understand how having curly hair became a competition for who can wash their hair the least. I mean, I get where it came from. Convention would have us washing with crazy aggressive cleansers every single day so that we need all of their products to fix it. It’s damaging. We want to reduce damage. I get it. You know what else causes damage?- an irritated scalp. Dehydrated hair. Hair that has so much product in it that the shaft swells. I have aContinue reading “Do I Really Have To Stop Washing My Hair?”
- Curl Clumping StrategiesEvery single time I get my hair wet my goal is the same: make curl clumps. It’s the method to create them that changes day to day. You may have heard me say that In the curly hair world hydration is everything. Hair that is soaking wet tend to come together in chunkier pieces, which is why I love clumps. I start forming them right from the beginning of my shower. regardless if I am washing, co-washing or wet refreshing. Forming curl clumps is like setting my fingerContinue reading “Curl Clumping Strategies”
- Tips To Get You StartedI need you to forget every Pantene ad you have ever seen. Forget all the Herbal Essences commercials, the Cosmo article, anything you’ve heard from past hair dressers and for sure every single thing your mama ever taught you about your hair. Here is the thing: Everything you thought you knew about your hair is wrong. All Of It! If you are looking to embrace the hair that you were born with, your god given beauty, that natural, authentic wave that 70% of women have, thenContinue reading “Tips To Get You Started”
- Discovering One Love OrganicsBefore I turned 30 my skin care routine was literally NOTHING. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not even a regular cleanser. I remember a few times here and there going on a little spree with a cleanser or something. I had Clean & Clear at one point and Clinique at another, but I wasn’t even close to using any of it everyday and never had any kind of real routine with it. Maybe I was blessed with great skin? I think a huge part of that is becauseContinue reading “Discovering One Love Organics”
I’m Lo! I am a blogger, course creator, avid environmentalist and curly hair queen. My job is simple: to awaken your consciousness, help you step away from mass consumption and embrace a more simple and sustainable style of life.
Let’s create radical change!
I’m thrilled to offer you FREE and UNLIMITED access to all of the secrets within the Consciously Curly Vault!
WITH THIS FREE GIFT YOU RECEIVE:
- The Glossary of Styling Strategies
- Printable Curly Process Trackers
- Access to our Private Facebook Group
- BONUS: Curly Hair Starter Series